Here are some great videos if you are new to posing. Those who watch these videos at least 3 times and practice for a week have great photoshoots!
- My favorite video - this is a must watch
- 60 poses in one minute (flow posing) , click here
- Another fun video is here
- Another fav is here
- Another is here
- Guys, click here. (Ignore the props portion though!)
- Bring 4 outfits to your photoshoot. One outfit is formal, the other is causal (jeans). It's good to have backups in case something doesn't work, or if there is time left over!
- Clothing should be age appropriate
- Avoid neon's & fluorescents
- Avoid clothing logos
- Baggy clothing never photographs well. If it fits well, it shoots well.
- When in doubt, ask!
- Please wear foundation and light makeup (natural lipstick, blush, if wearing eyelashes, make sure they are a natural-looking)
- Ladies wear and bring mascara.
- Eyebrows should be in good shape (waxed or tweezed)
- Nails MUST be natural, or nude color, NO COLORED NAILS! Must be average length, not extra long.
- No face jewelry, no necklaces or bracelets, no big hoops, studs in-ears are ok (everything else is distracting).
- Hair is clean and dry, with your product, straight or curled. Camera-ready!
- Get a good night's sleep.
- Drink lots of water the day of and before!
- No last minute spray tans!
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to your scheduled time
- Make sure you see me when you arrive; don't wait in the lobby
- Ready to shoot when the time starts (including hair, make-up, clothing, etc.)
Leave them in your bag or better yet in the car (including parents). I need your 100% attention. When I have to compete with a parent or a friend with a cell phone it slows us down and breaks our rhythm and detracts from your time. Let's work together to focus our attention on you!
This should be a fun experience. If you follow the tips above then you will have a great shoot!
- Practice the posing videos
- Arrive early
- Bring 4 outfits to a 2 look shoot